This program is made possible through a generous gift from Ruth and Russell Bolton
in conjunction with the Eberly College of Arts & Sciences.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

I Write Because…


 
Terry Tempest Williams wrote a piece listing the reasons why she writes. Among them are things like, “I write to record what I love in the face of loss”, “I write as an exercise in pure joy,” and, “I write to imagine things differently and in imagining things differently perhaps the world will change.”

This year Christina Seymour and I, Hannah McPherson, invite you to join us at Summit Hall and find your why’s, the reasons that call upon you to write. We’ll experiment with different genres, and, in case you need an extra nudge, there’ll even be snacks!

We’ll be located in the Cinema Room in Summit Hall on Mondays: 9/16, 10/21, 11/11, and 12/2 at 6:30 each evening. A final reading will be held on December 8th. 
We look forward to writing with you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment